Problem installing the qDiscvussionView web part

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Daniel
      We will do some digging into this today to see if there are other reasons for this error, but seems to indicate that you may not have rights to install the webpart into the gallery on the desired Virtual server. The fact that stsadm had the same issue seems to verify this.
      You can verify you are a farm administrator thru the central administration site for your server.
      Click on operations, then Update Farm Administrators. If this doesn't help please let us know as we will have to dig in deeper.

See Attached

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I'm having the same issue as Daniel, and I have verified that I am a farm administrator. Please let me know if you come to any resolution on this issue. Thanks.
      Andy Biegel

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi I tried to install the qDiscussionView Free WebPart (32-bit version) using the downloaded MSI file, I continually run into the following error message: “Solution Package deployment error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Please check with Installation Guide for more information.” I also tryied to deploy the .wsp manually using with stsadm with same results. The error seems to occur when the .wsp is being loaded in the config db. The target system is Windows 2008 + SQL 2008. Any feedback would be appreciated Daniel

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Yes same here :o(
      Worked fine on my test server (32bit) on my virtual machine but on the live server (64bit) we get the same error.
      Looks like a fantastic webpart so please do let us know of any fix or if we can check any logs to help.
      Paul Baker

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Did you get this error on the 32-bit version and from what you downloaded here recently?
      We thought we had this fixed but want to make sure before we try and troubleshoot a bit more.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have exactly same error, anybody can tell me how to solve it?? Thx!!

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thx everyone first!!!

Yesterday I download qDiscussionView from this site (http://sharepointforall.com/media/p/320/download.aspx)
      I am using 32-bit SharePoint Server 2007, and 64-bit SQL Server 2005.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Shortly after my last post they updated the 64bit edition with a bug fix….after that it installed fine on 64bit our end.
      Paul Baker

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Doug Davis,
      Would you give me a updated 32-bit version? Actually current 32-bit version is fixed the problem?
      Thx so much

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.