qListView – Custom Display – Results Body Fields?

qListView – Custom Display – Results Body Fields?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello,

n

n

No, I don’t think that setting can affect the grouped or the aggregate value. The body filed means the script will be invoked when rows are rendering in the front-end. For example, if you have five rows in qListView, the code in the body field will be called in every row rendering(5 times).

n

n

But on the other hand, because that code is running on the front-end, that give you a very flexible way to do your job. For your case, I think you do not need to set the body field, just add the script in the header filed for formatting the grouped/aggregated value. The script in the header will be run in one time. For example:

n

Results Header:

n

n

<script>

n

//get the field, the ‘$telerik.$’ is the jQuery object.

n

var theField = $telerik.$(‘…’);

n

//format it..

n

</script>

n

n

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I’m finding the documentation to be a bit sparse on what I’m able to do in the results body field of a custom display.  I know I have the field names and formatting but is there the ability to display grouped or aggregate values?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks – that's one of the options I was going to do but I was hoping to be able to use the built in aggregate functionality – something like <%sum aggregate:field name%> that I could throw into the Results Header.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.