qlistview Parent/Child Pass ID and Creating Totals

qlistview Parent/Child Pass ID and Creating Totals

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Laura Hansen
      Laura Hansen
      Participant

I was positive I had seen a video on how to do this but I can no longer find it.  I have two SharePoint lists.  A parent list that is a log of Non Conformances and a child list of related Costs associated with this Non Conformance.  The two are joined by the field NonCon.

I’m trying to figure out 2 things:
      1. What is the proper way to setup the qlistview to pass the NonCon number from the current record on the parent to the NewForm qlistform when the user selects to add a new cost?  I know it involves setting sessions but I haven’t been able to figure out what I’ve missed.

2. The child list has fields Quantity, Cost per Unit and a calculated field Total (calculation was done in the SharePoint list).  Is there a way to display the total of all totals and aggregate to the parent level?  So Say NonCon 33457 has three child cost entries as below.  I would like to display a the subtotal at the NonCon level to show NonCon 33457 has total costs of 5,230.  Is there a way to do something like that?  I tried group but if I group at the child level I’d get a subtotal for each row unless I display the NonCon at the child level maybe and group by that?
      Quantity         Cost per Unit               Total
      1                        200                                 200
      3                       10                                    30
      5                       1000                               5000

• This topic was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Laura Hansen.
      • This topic was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Laura Hansen.
      Deepak Tyagi
      Deepak Tyagi

Hi Laura,
      Thank you for posting the query.
      For query 1:-
      You can configure the New Form URL from configure the Viewed Lists property screen.
      Primary Content –> Edit Viewed Lists –> Edit Lists property.
      For query 2:-
      We need some more Information.
      We suggest you to log a case with our support team of QuickApp through website. So that we can analyze your query better.
      Thanks
      Deepak

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.