QlistView row height

QlistView row height

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Chris Morris
      Chris Morris
      Participant

I am using QlistView web part to track the progress of several projects. One of my columns is called “Status”. This particular column can contain cells that have several lines of rich text. I would like to be able to adjust the height of the rows to only show the top two or 3 lines of text within the “Status” column. A hover over that shows the remaining lines of text would be great as well.

I have searched high and low and have been unable to find a solution that works.

Thank you

Chris

Deepak Tyagi
      Deepak Tyagi

Hi Chris,
      Greetings.
      Thank you for posting the query.

You can configure the row height by following steps:

1. Open ezEdit of qListView web part.
      2. Click on Appearance from left navigation.
      3. Click on Grid.
      4. Set Item Style = height: 100px;
      5. Set Alternating Item Style = height: 100px;
      6. Save configuration.
      You can adjust the row height in pixel as per your requirement.

Thanks
      Deepak

Chris Morris
        Chris Morris
        Participant

Deepak,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. When applying this setting, it does in fact adjust the height, however, my cells that contain 20 – 30 lines of text still show all the text. I would like to make this where it somehow truncates the text where i only see the top 2-3 lines.

Thank You,

Chris

Deepak Tyagi
      Deepak Tyagi

Hi Chris,
      Currently, we do not have Functionality to show only 2 -3 lines in the qListView. In case you need any further help or want to discuss the same please feel free to log a case with our support team of QuickApp through website only.
      Thanks,
      Deepak

Gary Broad
      Gary
      Participant

Hi,

When displaying a text column with a large number of lines I create a second column (Status_Short) of type – Single Line of Text and copy and copy some of the text to it from Status.

The new column is the one added to the view which stops the row being oversized but that means you cannot see all the text unless you open the item…

Thanks

Gary

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.