Data-driven organizations are not only 23 times more likely to acquire customers, but they’re also six times as likely to retain customers and 19 times more likely to be profitable!
– McKinsey Global Institute
Implementation of an enterprise-wide data and analytics strategy help organizations to stay ahead of the competition. SharePoint dashboards are transforming the way organizations store, organize, share and have access to crucial data on a real-time basis anytime anywhere. Dashboards serve as a one-stop source of business-critical information demonstrating all the key performance indicators (KPIs), report updates, and big data analytics. Impactful SharePoint dashboards allow the users and management to perform predictive analysis using the power of all the data they already have.
As more organizations are becoming data-driven, SharePoint dashboards are also becoming more sophisticated, offering more opportunities to businesses to streamline business activities and enhance productivity.
Exceptional Business Benefits of SharePoint Dashboards
The Microsoft SharePoint dashboards can deliver various transformational benefits to organizations. It is secure, intuitive, scalable, collaborative, customizable, and insightful. Some of its business benefits are discussed below:
- Empowers data-driven decision-making: With SharePoint dashboards, the management and the stakeholders can access all the transactional and operational data in one place and view it on the SharePoint dashboard at a glance. The presentation of all the relevant data in an organized format (in the form of charts, graphs, and tables) makes it easier for the stakeholders to streamline and accelerate decision-making.
- Enables actionable reporting: One prominent feature of the SharePoint dashboard is to accumulate data from numerous sources, consolidate it, and convert it into actionable reports. Data from various sources are presented in a visually appealing format that is easy to comprehend and actionable.
- Allows performance monitoring: SharePoint dashboards have status indicators that help in measuring the performance of every team member involved in a project. This ensures that the team members work in collaboration towards a common business goal and contribute quickly to deliver the project. This also enables managers to proactively identify the areas which are lacking and need to be addressed. With pre-defined color-coding indicators and advanced warning signs of business downturns and upswings, managers will not be blindsided anymore.
- Helps track competitor performances: Keeping an eye on the competitors is one thing but studying their every step in the game gives enterprises a competitive edge. Organizations can analyze their competitors’ data and perform a SWOT analysis to identify their strengths and weaknesses. They can compare their performance with their competitors; get insights into how they are performing in the market, what’s their growth potential is, and whether it is on the rise or in decline.
- Delivers significant time savings: In an organization, manual business processes, manual errors, and redundant processes are responsible for a bulk of time wastage which can be otherwise invested in performing productive tasks. Dashboards facilitate the automation of business-critical SharePoint data. It allows organizations to automate the mundane processes, reduce the possibility of manual errors and focus on other important tasks that generate revenue.
- Enables seamless customization: Another significant advantage of SharePoint dashboard is that organizations can customize them according to their business requirements using a variety of tools. They can create SharePoint applications using No-code solutions and enhance the power of SharePoint dashboards. The applications can help them to segregate their data, see valuable information accurately on a single screen and hide unnecessary data. Enterprises can also choose a template to build their SharePoint dashboard from a set of pre-defined templates.
Did you know?
According to Microsoft, more than 250,000 organizations use SharePoint, including over 85% of Fortune 500 companies who use SharePoint Online as part of Office 365.
And these organizations churn out an exorbitant quantity of business data, which when analyzed can take their business operations to the next level. SharePoint dashboards enable organizations to achieve more with data. It keeps the employees and the management proactive by providing a simple and updated mechanism to view data that matters. With impactful dashboards, organizations can turn SharePoint into a hub for business intelligence.
The benefits of investing in creating a SharePoint dashboard are far-fetched and deliver exponential growth capabilities.
Associate Director – Product Development
Amit Gupta plays a key role in incubating and establishing best SharePoint practices at AgreeYa. He is closely associated with the Product Development and Delivery team and works to find new solutions based on Microsoft technology and optimize performance and responsiveness for our clients. He can be reached at email@example.com