Digital transformation is a buzzword that you keep hearing in the business circles. However, it is more than just a word to throw around during a business meeting. In today’s fast-paced and digital business world every organization has to revise its goals and processes to achieve digital transformation, to remain a viable business.
However, the painful reality is that most transformations fail. Recent McKinsey research shows that 70 percent of complex, large-scale change programs don’t reach their stated goals! For most organizations, the complexity of the technology environment and the inability to swiftly implement necessary changes are the major roadblocks.
No-Code solutions allow organizations to stay agile and accelerate their strategy execution. It empowers the power users and developers to rapidly develop applications. It also improves the ability of IT to respond to business demands, shortens time-to-value, and accelerates digital transformation.
What is a No-Code Solution?
A No-Code solution mitigates the need for manual programming in application development. Instead of writing lines of codes, such a solution allows users to develop applications through simple point-and-click on specific components. Such components can be arranged into logical sequences to create functional and feature-rich applications.
How does a No-Code solution accelerate digital transformation?
The inherent value of a No-Code solution is that it accelerates and democratizes the application development process. With such a solution, your power users can build applications to solve critical business problems and automate tasks to increase productivity.
5 Benefits of No-Code Solution towards Digital Transformation
- Reduces the load on IT: As mentioned before, No-Code solutions allow power users to build applications without any coding knowledge. By enabling such a change, the solution reduces the burden on the understaffed IT department. Applications to solve business challenges and increase productivity can now be built at accelerated speed without relying on IT. This in turn allows the IT department to dedicate more time to business-critical apps and projects.
- Accelerates development time: A No-Code solution enables power users to take application development into their own hands. They do not have to wait for their requests to be answered by the overburdened IT department. This means: a task that used to take months (even years) of waiting can now be completed within a few hours or days (depending upon its complexity). That is the level of acceleration a No-Code solution can provide to the application development lifecycle.
- Ensures more targeted outcomes: The point-and-click configuration of No-Code solutions empowers the power users and developers to quickly build solutions to meet their exact requirements and specifications. Such applications can be updated on the fly. All these aspects are important to keep the business competitive and agile. While a No-Code solution allows the development of applications for immediate impact, it can also provide cost-efficient in the long run.
- Fights Shadow IT: When the IT department is unable to act on the requests of business users, they start seeking solutions on their own. With the rapid rise of SaaS, users can quickly find an application to meet their needs. The adoption of such applications can lead to security vulnerabilities. A No-Code solution enables businesses to eliminate such a problem by allowing the power users to develop their solutions to meet specific business needs while enabling IT to centrally control the data and user accesses.
- Enables Experimentation without Risks: Experimentation is an essential part of digital transformation. No-Code solutions allow organizations to test their ideas on a small scale to eliminate the setbacks. It empowers employees to experiment with their ideas, iterate projects efficiently, and create solutions that can transform organizations keeping them adaptable to the changes in the industry.
To meet the challenges of digital transformation and remain competitive in the marketplace, organizations have to create an environment that enables agility and flexibility of the internal workflows and customer-facing operations. When powered by a comprehensive No-Code solution, organizations can create an infrastructure that allows them to transform and innovate faster which generates new growth opportunities and provides a competitive advantage.