SharePoint is a great platform for enterprise collaboration and content management. Organizations also use it as an intranet and document management system. To maximize their investment in SharePoint, organizations utilize it in various ways such as a to create intranet sites, a secure place to store, organize, share, and access information.
Organizations store a lot of information in SharePoint in the form of spreadsheets, doc files, etc. All of his data and information when presented in the form of a dashboard or report can be utilized for making data-backed business decisions. Hence business reporting becomes an important aspect of SharePoint usage.
As per your organizational needs, you can create various dashboards and reports like sales dashboards, marketing dashboards, procurement/purchase dashboards, etc. These dashboards and reports can be created using organizational data available in SharePoint.
SharePoint offers a variety of tools like Excel Services, Visio Services, and Performance Point Services to create, publish, and share a variety of reports including scorecards, and dashboards However, sometimes, users have to take help from SharePoint developers and IT professionals to get the desired reports and tailor-made dashboards, especially the complex ones that require data from different sites.
Before the advent of custom SharePoint solutions, it was difficult to process data from different sites and sites collections. But today, this task had been much simplified by using No-code platforms such as QuickApps. QuickApps can collate all the data from different sites to custom design a dashboard and report. In addition to this QuickApps enables users to create, manage, and share reports and dashboards over SharePoint without coding. Hence, using QuickApps, users can create complex dashboards and reports on their own, without any support from SharePoint developers. This greatly reduces dependency on IT professionals/SharePoint developers.
QuickApps is available for both SharePoint On-Premise and Office 365. QuickApps offers a set of 21 pre-built templates and powerful web-apps for SharePoint On-premise and 9 WebApps for Office 365. Users can choose the WebApp as per their reporting requirements and create desired reports and dashboards real fast and easily without coding. Users can customize SharePoint solutions up to 80 percent faster using point-and-click configuration of QuickApps instead of custom code.
Follow the below steps to create a report using QuickApps
- Prepare the data in SharePoint List/Library if not already available
- Create a SharePoint Page
- Select the Web App as per your requirement. For example –
- If you want to display data in tabular format by applying grouping and filtering add the list view app on the page
- Else if you want to represent the data in graph or Chart format the use the qChartView app on the page.
- Now configure these apps by selecting the SharePoint list, fields, and other configuration to generate the view/report.
- You can use other QuickApps Apps such as qSelector/qMultiSelector in combination with the above apps to filter the data dynamically.
- Depending upon your environment, select the WebApps that meet your business need.
Have a look at the screenshot of the sales dashboard created using QuickApps