QuickApps; AgreeYa’s award-winning solution empowers SharePoint business users to automate their critical business processes and customize applications without any coding. This innovative ‘No-Code’ solution comes with a set of pre-built templates and 21 powerful web apps to help organizations rapidly automate and customize multiple critical SharePoint processes. This accelerates the SharePoint application development process, thereby saving both time and money for the organization.
One USP that most QuickApps, business users appreciate is, it can build or customize applications up to 80% faster using its simple point-and-click configuration instead of expensive and time taking custom coding. As a result, it frees up your expensive SharePoint development resources.
Another reason why SharePoint users love QuickApps is, it helps deliver sophisticated applications that are easily upgraded when new versions of SharePoint are released. Consequently, No-Code platforms are seeing a massive increase in popularity and adoption.
To summarize, using QuickApps SharePoint users can:
- Create insightful dashboards & charts
- Automate business reports
- Data consolidation and aggregation
- Create dynamic navigation and dynamic forms
The best just got even better!
We are happy and excited to share that we have recently released the latest version of QuickApps; QuickApps 6.14 for SharePoint (On-Premise). It comes loaded with lot of amazing features and benefits.
Let us have a look at what more it helps achieve and the benefits it provides to its users.
1. QuickApps Webpart qChartView now enables creation of an organization chart by connecting to both SharePoint and different external data sources like SharePoint Profile, SharePoint List, CSV file and, XML file.
- This makes it easy for the users to implement organization structure irrespective of the data location.
- Organization chart helps drill down and explore the organizations structure and hierarchy to the required levels.
- It provides various views for displaying organization breakdown structure (OBS) like graphical, grid view, hierarchical tree view.
- Business users can add organization charts adding parent-child relationship as per their requirement and data source available.
- Organization chart enables searching the right contact even in a large organization very fast and easy. You can get all the details about the contact, including name, designation/role, reporting manager, etc.
- Organization chart eliminates the need to look for employee details in the HR portal or any other external system. Business users can easily display employee details from external source into SharePoint. There by eliminating the need to maintain and look for employee data/organization contact information from different systems.
- Further, not just organizational hierarchy, users can maintain hierarchy for any data stored in your data sources.
- Users can also decide the configuration of the data. You can also select the columns you would like to show in the organization view type(s) you have selected.
- Further, the look and feel of the organization chart can also be customized to match your company brand.
Please refer to the below image for see how you can create organization chart using qchartview app
2. QuickApps 6.14 (On-Premise) also supports multi-series charts such as Multi Series Bubble chart, Multi Series Marimekko chart, and Multi Series Scatter chart in qChartView.
Using these multi series charts users can present their data in a more visually appealing and easy to understand way. This certainly helps improve the understandability and consumption of information.
Have a look at the images below to know how these different multi-series charts present data.
3. Using the related item field in qListForm users can also add, modify, delete, and save records directly to the child list item displayed on the form. This can be achieved using the Quick Edit functionality for child forms.
Direct editing of records to the child list item was not possible in the earlier versions. However, QuickApps 6.14 allows business users to add multiple child items to the parent item. Please refer to the screenshot below to see how multiple new records of child item.
4. Talking about qSIListView, the quick edit feature now also supports the SharePoint list field types like Boolean and Choice along with other data types.
Quick edit is a much-enhanced feature. With this QuickApps now supports more data types than it did earlier.
Please refer to the image below for see how you can use Quick Edit feature in qSIlistView App
5. qListView and qSIListView both now support configuring the column level conditional formatting. The user can do so by selecting the field name for the main view appearance using add row appearance in ezEdit. Earlier this was possible only at row level in the grid.
In this release of QuickApps, business users can apply conditional formatting at field level using different color appearance in qListView and qSIListView. The below screenshot depicts the same.
6. QuickApps 6.14 also enables to apply Form Component Behavior on a required field that is configured in display fields, on the form in qListForm. Business users now have a feature to hide or disable any field label or tab, etc. So, any time they require to not show any specific field or tab, it is possible now.
7. In QuickApps 6.14 full-page refresh does not take place when qSIListView, qSIChartView or qSIListForm data is filtered using qSISelector. As a result, it enables faster page load; improving the user experience.
8. Similarly, full-page refresh does not take place in QuickApps 6.14 when qItemDisplay is filtered using qSelector or qMultiSelector. This feature enables quick rendering of data on the page.
All of these new features in this release of QuickApps will take user experience to another level.
QuickApps 6.14 helps exceed user expectations by offering the above shared benefits. Apart from this there are other features like the use of tabular forms to save screen space. It also enables parent-child relationships to ensure reliable data entry. Additionally, there is a hide/show feature to govern what data users can see and what not.
QuickApps 6.14 will ensure that SharePoint users can easily extend applications (including CRM, and help desk applications) beyond their native capabilities and are also easily supported, and maintained to benefit the organization in the long run.
Associate Director – Product Development
Amit Gupta plays a key role in incubating and establishing best SharePoint practices at AgreeYa. He is closely associated with the Product Development and Delivery team and works to find new solutions based on Microsoft technology and optimize performance and responsiveness for our clients. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org