In order for the web part to work, it requires that we enable Session in the web.config. The Shared Web Parts Installer does not include the Configuration Editor tool which allows you to modify SharePoint web.config file accordingly with nice user interface.
Please follow the instruction below and make sure you back up the web.config first.
1. Locate the web.config file that is corresponding the the SharePoint web page you are testing with Quest Web Part.
2. Save a backup copy of the web.config and open it with your favorite editor.
3. Locate the element tag <httpModules> in the web.config by performing search for, i.e. "Session" or "httpModules"
<add name="Session" type="System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule" />
4. If you do not have the module named "Session", add it as shown above or simply uncomment it out if it is there but commented out.
5. Locate the element tag <pages> in the web.config
<pages enableSessionState="true" enableViewState="true" enableViewStateMac="true" validateRequest="false" …>
6. Make sure you set "enableSessionState" equals to "true".
7. You should now be able to use the qDiscussionView web part.