Using sessions you don't have to "reconstruct" the page. Just go bak to it and everything will be rememberd. All the session vars you used to get to the page will be there when you get back to the page (unless you reset them).
QWP session feature is easy to use and helps users to avoid the http params problems.
If you decide to give them a try I'd suggest the followig best practices.
– avoid by all means the session duplicate names
– use meaningful names for your session variable (ie. qListView Customers session name CustomersViewSession,
for Edit Customer CustomerEditSession)
– you can reset one session variable if you consider it necessary
– keep a clear scope of your session
– please note that the session that you set on a QWP (ie qListView Customers) would hold all the data shown on the form (ie for Customers list would hold the Customer Name, Address, Phone, email etc)
– check the documentation, it provides samples and explains the session mecanism in great details