Configure "Link To" field in qlistview to edit item when using multiple lists

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Kirk,

When you have multiple lists displayed in a qListView web part I'd suggest to use the context menu option Edit Properties in order to edit the selected item. The web part will redirect the user the the right list and allow to edit the item.

I go a little bit beyond the topic and I explain what happenes when you hit new and have multiple lists displayed.

There is a web part property under the tab Display called "Enable New ITem Link in Child View" that allows the webpart to display new item link for each list you have set to display in the web part. The new link redirects the user to the proper NewItem list.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks .  This was helpful.  I actually solved this by using the Target URL for each list, then hyperlinking the ID field to that URL, passing the parameter.  This works great, since we've been asked to minimize the use of context menus.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

How do I link a custom column to edit the associated item from the APPROPRIATE list when displaying more than one?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Kirk,

I got your solution and I'm going to explain it here so other QWP users can take advantage of it. Could you please mark the question as "Answered" so other people will see the solution?

In my scenario I have 2 lists Countries and Countries2 that I want to display in my qListView web part.

I want the user to be able to edit items in this web part by clicking on the item.

I attach the image that shows my whole scenario and the configuration needed to achieve this goal.

The key part is to edit the lists in the qListView "Viewed Lists" section and fill the LinkTo text box with the proper edit item url and then in the DisplayFields just check the Link To Target option.

AggregatedListsEditItems.png

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.