Content Type (Document Set) qListForm New Document

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Shane

The way qListForm works with multiple content type list or document library is similar to the OOTB ListView and ListForm. The qListForm works in conjunction with qListView. When you have a library with multiple content types, you first create a page and add a qListView to connect to this library. The qListView automatically offers dropdown menu under New to each content type this library uses.

You can either hide the OOTB ListForm NewForm.aspx/EditForm.aspx/DispForm.aspx and add qListForm on these pages so from qListView, clicking on New content type will automatically opens up the form page with qListForm on it; or you can specify your own form page URLs in the ViewedList property of the qListView so clicking on New content type opens up these URLs instead of the default form pages.

On the default form pages or your own form pages, add qListForm and specify the proper form type (NewListItem/UploadDocument, and etc.) and define Display Fields property. The Display Fields property allow you to define corresponding fields off specific content types and you can choose the fields for that content type to be rendered on the form.

Once this is setup, you can add document/list item from qListView, which brings up form page either in a dialog, new window or current window. If you inspect the page URL, you will notice that qListView passes the content type as a query string to the form page so qListForm on the form page knows what content type it is dealing with.

I hope this clarifies things.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

That is interesting. I would assume "Name" field be available in Display Fields list. We do filter out hidden field. Please open a support ticket with us so we can investigate this further.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I think I'm getting closer.

What I did was created a new page for the qListView.  I have it setup so the list is connected and when I click the new button, I see my content type (document set) available..  I setup the Create Document Form URL to link to my page that I have the qListForm on.  When I click the button it takes me to my indicated page.  However, when I do this, the qListForm doesn't have the 'Name' (ie filename) field.  If I go ahead and try to fill out the rest of the fields and try to save I get the error

'The following error occurred: Invalid item data — missing FileRef.

So, I guess I need to figure out how to get the filename field to show up.  I don't see it listed as available to select in the Display Fields.  And if I go to the page directly without the qListView redirect the filename field shows up (but of course just saves the Word file.

Note:  I also enabled the 'Document' content type.  I tried that and the filename field shows up fine.  Is their just some incompatibility with the document set content type?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I’m trying figure out what I need to do to make this work. 

I have a Library with multiple content types.  The default content type is a custom Document Set.  (The library has a few other content types as well).

I am trying to use qListForm to create a new ‘Custom Document Set’.  I have the Form Type set as ‘Create Document’.  At this point when I use the form, it creates instead the ‘Document’ (Word) content type.  I see in the help file it mentions the “Template List Site URL” and “Template List Name” fields which I’m hoping I’m on the right track with those.  But I have no idea what to populate them with.

Thanks

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

We will open a internal ticket for the bug: Name field not available in ezEdit UI for the Document Set content type.

However, you should be able to use the ezEdit UI to define display fields for the Document Set content type in qListForm (on top of the screen there is content type dropdown list if you document library contains multiple content type). Because the ezEdit UI does not make Name field available in the list for you the check, you could manually add it to the XML input box. Make sure the new field <Field Name="Name"/> is added under the <Fields> element with attribute Content Type equals to your Document Set name.

By manually adding this field, qListForm should be able to render the Name field and you should be able to continue your work including Create Document, Upload Document and etc.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.