Loading...

Creating Hyperlink in QListView Webpart

Creating Hyperlink in QListView Webpart

Home Forums QuickApps Forum Creating Hyperlink in QListView Webpart

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #6131
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

      Thanks for your reply.

      I still have an issue and get the 404 error, page not found. I have updated the code:

      <Fields>

        <Field Name="Abstract" Width="60%" />

        <Field Name="Title" Title="Title" LinkTo="&lt;%URL%&gt;" LinkToOpen="NewWindow" GroupExpanded="false" />

      </Fields>

      The exact issue which I am seeing is that when I click on the link, the url is coming twice for exanple: http://abcserver:1000/abc/xyz.htm,%20http://abcserver:1000/abc/xyz.htm.

      As you can see in the above case, the url is repeating. This is the smilar  issue what I was facing with the Calculated value.

      Please let me know if you need more details.

    • #6132
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

      Please check your URL field to ensure that is not duplicating the URL.

      Also, if you search the community you'll find lots of posts answered about this LinkTo feature.

    • #4178
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

      Hi,

      This is the first time I am using the QLISt Webpart. I am trying to create a hyperlink in one of the custome fields. My Requirement is the text of the hyperlink should be one column and the url value should come from another field from the list. Here is my code:

        <Field Name=”Video Title” Title=”Video Title” Width=”40%” Align=”left” CalculatedValue=”&lt;a href=&quot;&lt;%URL%&gt;&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;%Title%&gt;&lt;/a&gt;” LinkToOpen=”NewWindow” GroupExpanded=”false” />

      It does create a hyperlink, but when I click on the link I get a page not found error. I looked more into it and looks like the hyperlink which is being created is incorrect.

      If I hardcode the hyperlink like http://www.google.com, it works fine.

      Please advise.

      Thanks,

      Archna

    • #6133
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

      Also please ensure that the url used in the LinkTo field starts with http otherwise it will consider it as a relative url (ie. http://www.quest.com instead of http://www.quest.com) and the url will be appended to the current site url (this explains why it was doubling the url in your case).

    • #4933
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

      Hi Archna,

           Instead of using the Calculated Value property please use the property "Link To" and that would do it well.

      For more details about this property check our documentation,

    • #5457
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

      Hi Archna

      I had the same issue as you where the URL appeared to be repeating. Eventually I worked out that the LinkTo field can't handle referencing columns of type Hyperlink. I changed the field we were referencing to a Single line of text type and it worked from there.

      Might be too late for you, but hopefully someone else benefits from this.

      Cheers, Al

    • #5493
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

      Archna,

      I'm also getting the same behavior on our QuickApps for SP 2013 v.6.2.  I have both Title and URL columns in my SP list, and I want to convert the Title column to a Hyperlink based on <%URL%> value.  So in the "Link to" property, I entered <%URL%>. However, the page url didn't render properly, b/c it seems to append an extra comma (,) at the end or url.

      Quest: Has this bug been added to your to-do list?  This is still a known bug in the lastest version.

      Please advise.

      Thanks,

    • #5601
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

      I recreated this scenario and I found that if the URL field type is Hyperlink then using the URL in the LinkTo property doesn't work correctly.

      The workaround in this situation is to create a calculated field of type "Single line of text" using the formula =[URL] and use this calculated field in the LinkTo property.

      In this way you don't change the field type and the change is transparent for the users.

      Regarding the initial issue, I logged it in our system and it will be prioritized accordingly.

      The reference# is 329347.

      PS

      Allan suggested to change the column type from Hyperlink to Single line of text and that works too. Thanks Allan.

    • #5494
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

      I ran into the same bug as did, when using qListView from the QuickApps for SP 2013 v.6.2

      I have both Title and URL columns in my SP list, and I want to convert the Title column to a Hyperlink based on <%URL%> value. So in the "Link to" property, I entered <%URL%>. However, the page url didn't render properly, b/c it seems to append an extra comma (,) at the end or url.

      This is definitely a bug!!!

      Please sugest a work around and let us know when to expect this issue resolved!.

      Thaks a lot,

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.