Dynamic Layout Tabs stick

Dynamic Layout Tabs stick

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I do believe now that I've solved my own problem…I checked my page in and published it and now it goes back the first tab when I return to the page.  Not sure why it mattered if the page was published or not but that made the difference in my case.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Sandy,

The reason that qDynamicLayout web parts "remembers" the tab is to help the person who designs the page to add and configure the web parts (ezEdit)

Closing the browser will reset the wp to the 1st tab.

PS

I tried Publishing the page on a Team Site but that didn't reset the tab to the 1st tab. Did you close the browser?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I must have closed the browser because it is sticking again…so if I go to a sub-site and go back to that home page (of the site collection) it's still on the last tab I left the page on.  Another issue I did notice is if I add an item to one of the lists in the tab I get an error:

error.png

I think it's because it's a publishing page that the dynamic layout is being used on.  If I remove the dynamic layout web part I don't get the error when I add an item to the same list.  I only get it when the list is one of the tabs.  Are we not supposed to use this web part in a publishing page if we put lists in the tabs that we want the users to add items to?  If the tabs were just displaying info it'd be fine but if we want the lists (Announcements and Events for example) in the tabs and the users are allowed to add items to I don't want them to get this error.

By the way the items I do add before getting this error are entered into the list.  I just get this error and hit the "Go back to site" item is in list but it's not a good user experience to get this error every time they add an item.

Maybe I've done something wrong or maybe we can't use the tabs on published pages…just wondered if anyone knew for sure or could explain what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Sandy,

Going to a different page it won't reset the tab. You need to close te browser.

Just to understand better your scenario, you have a qListView in one tab and a qListForm in another tab and the error shows up when you add an item?

Did you search for that correlation ID in the ULS log file?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

OK, it sticks if I try to add an item in one of the tabs (will stick on that tab) even if I leave the page and come back.  If I don't try to add an item and I leave the page it will go back to the first tab every time I come back.

I have an out of the box SharePoint Announcments list, Events list and Doc library list in the qDynmaicLayouts tab:

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

If I click the "Add new event" in the second image above a dialoge window pops up with the new event form:

Capture2.PNG

When I hit Save here I am given the error I mentioned above.  And now if I go to other pages and come back to this page it is stuck on the Events tab.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

HI Sandy,

I see that you use OOB web parts. Can you please try using QuickApps web parts?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

– Is it recommended that you only use quick app web parts with qdynamiclayout?

Thanks.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

QA web parts are the only web parts that we support working with qDynamicLayout web part.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Anca wrote:

QA web parts are the only web parts that we support working with qDynamicLayout web part.

That's pitty, so using other web parts than the QA is not supported?

Q: Anyone that have been successfully using other web parts in the qDynamicLayout in a production farm?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

We use other web parts without problems in the tabs of the qDynamicLayout web part.  The problem mentioned above was due to a bug in the first relase of the web part that the users had to have edit access to the page the qDynamicLayout was on but now they've resolved that issue in the currentl release.  I've had no problems with the qDynamicLayout since upgradign to the newest version and we use it on quite a few pages exposing quite a variety of different web parts, Quick App ones as well as OOB SharePoint ones and a few custom built ones.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Right now if I leave a page that I have put the qDynamiLayout tabs on and come back it is on that same tab.  Is there any way for it to not stick and go to the first tab when I return to that page?  In some cases I like that it sticks and other’s I’d like for it to not stick…just wondered if there was a setting that I could tweak to change this behavior.

Thanks!

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks Sandy, for updating this tread.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.