Form Component Behavior and required fields

Form Component Behavior and required fields

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Can you post the configuration string for the Form Component Behavior? It sounds like it behaves as designed because if a field is required, you should not hide it and the form should not be submitting. I suspect if you try a different field that is not defined as Required column in the list, this will work as you expected.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

, thanks for responding.
      However, I disagree. Sharepoint OOB does not give us a way to do conditional Required fields — at least not that I have found. So, contrary to your statement, my opinion is that Form Component Behavior's most valuable potential use is to enable conditional required fields.
      I am very disappointed if this is not supported in Form Component Behavior. It is a feature we were counting on with Quest; the documentation makes no mention of this constraint that I can tell.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I would agree with you on the conditional Required fields and I can see why users may want that features in the Form Component Behaviors. I was just guessing why it did not work with Required field defined in the list.
      Could you open up a support ticket with us for an enhancement request?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I am using Form Component Behavior to hide a field that would otherwise be required. When I do this, the form is not submitting. I tried also disabling the field, but I still have this same issue. When the conditions are reversed so that the field is visible and active, the form will submit properly. Is there a configuration option that I am overlooking that would correct this problem? Thanks!

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

, I had already opened a problem ticket (812917). It is still active. Thanks!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.