How do I display parent fields on a child qListView page?

How do I display parent fields on a child qListView page?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

I don't know the details of how you have setup the parent and child lists, but would suggest you to define the Title field of the child list as a lookup field to the Event Name field in the events list, so that whenever the event name changes, that change gets reflected in the view of the child list where you are cross-referencing the event.

Yuan

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Yuan,

Thanks again.  I went with a different approach, adding "Events" as the main list and then "EventTasks" as the child list, linked by [Parent].[ID] = [Child].[EventID].  The new qListView looks fine, but I'm having problem setting the color and bolding the fields.  Do you have any documentation on how to set the styles for Grid Appearances?  Also, the filter options are now based on parent fields instead of child fields.  Is there a way to filter by child fields?  Thank you.

<Lists>
        <List SiteUrl="." ListName="Events Tracking" IncludeSubsites="false" IncludeThisSite="false" IsRollUpList="false" UseUploadFormInLayoutsFolder="false">
          <DependentLists />
          <List SiteUrl="." ListName="EventTasks" ParentKeyFieldName="ID" ChildKeyFieldName="EventID" />
        </List>
      </Lists>

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello,

We have an events tracking list where each event have multiple event-related tasks.  They are linked by event id.  I created a “View All Tasks” qListView page to show all tasks grouped by event name.  How do I configure in qListView so that event name and date can be retrieved from the parent (Event) list dynamically?

Currently I set the Title field of the child list to save the event name when new events are created.  But when the event name in parent list gets updated again, it didn’t update the child list.  Is there a way to fix this?

<Fields>

<Field Name=”Edit” />

<Field Name=”Title” Title=” ” Grouped=”true” GroupExpanded=”true” GroupSortDirection=”asc” />

<Field Name=”Task Name” DoNotRenderAsHyperlink=”true” GroupExpanded=”false” />

<Field Name=”Status” />

<Field Name=”Send Request to” />

<Field Name=”Date Requested” />

<Field Name=”Internal Due Date” />

<Field Name=”Sponsor Due Date” />

</Fields>

Please advise.

Thank you.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

You can find help on how to set the styles for Grid Appearance in our Help file, under the qListView chapter and Grid Appearance section. You can define the CSS styles for each row, or alternating rows, and also define the font-color and background-color of a row based on the value or value-range (if it is numeric) of a field.

If you need help, please let us know what you are hoping to style and your SP and QWP version number. We do not yet support filtering by a field in the childview.

Thanks,

Yuan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.