How to Display Qlistview Vertically?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Alex,

To display qListView vertically would require code changes that will handle the behind-the-scenes work of adding list items as columns to the data source table rather than as rows (as it currently does) before it is rendered by the grid. You can customize the style of each row in the current qListView but probably not be able to change how the list items are laid out with respect to each other in qListView.

The qListView web part does not yet support rendering the list items in different styles such as "boxed" or "newsletter" as does out-of-the-box SharePoint. It has been logged as an enhancement for a future release (ID216750).

Yuan

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

So am I completely out of luck? 

What do you mean when you say I can customize the style of each row?

The table I want to display vertically has 7 columns so potentially I could create 7 different qlistviews and put them on top of each other.  If I did that – is there a way to visually make the 7 lists look more appealing (as if it was one list).  One border, minimal space between each list, lack of title etc…

Thanks for your help,

Alex

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Is there any way to display qlistview vertically as opposed to horizontally?  Out of the box sharepoint has an option under styles called “boxed” which seems to do it, but ultimately I need the qlistview to be displayed vertically.

Thanks,

Alex

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

To customize the style of each row (header, item, alternating item, etc) in qListView, you can do so in the Grid Appearance tab of ezEdit.

If you want to render multiple qListViews together, and make it appear as if it was one view, you can try to set the Chrome State and Chrome Type of each qListView to hide/show border & web part title. You can then modify the spacing  between the web parts by editing the page in SP Designer using basic HTML & CSS.

Yuan

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Anyone know how to do this…I can't find the answer anywhere, but I feel like this should be possible.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.