Missing Management pages

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Kate,

First thing that we should check is the Event Viewer (Quest Web Parts section) for any errors/warnings. e for the ULS.

If there is any error related to QWP installation try to fix it (ie: insufficient privileges, etc).

Then from teh Central Administration try to retract/redeploy QWP wsp package. Check again Event Viewer and ULS if that doesn't solve the issue.

Please let me know how it goes.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Kate,

There is farm scoped feature named Quest Administration that can be accessed from Central Admin -> Manage Farm Feature, please check if this feature is listed there and try to activate it or re-activate it.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

There was no errors during solution deployment.

We've deployed solution to the Central Admin web application and were able to access management pages using direct URL. but the Web Parts section has never appeared in Central Admin.

So, you're saying that regardless to the fact that CA server is not a WFE server, the solution should be deployed there as well by default?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi,

There is the following farm configuration:

2 WFE servers

Central Admin server that does not have Web Application role.

After installation there is no QWP management pages in Central Admin. So, I’m not able to upload license. Direct links don’t work.

What steps should I perform to get management pages in Central Admin?

Thanks,

Kate

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

The Web Parts Management page in Central Admin is deployed via a farm scoped feature so it does not require deployment to a specific WFE server or a Central Admin web server. You do need to check if this farm feature is installed properly and activated properly though if those pages do not show up in Central Admin pages.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.