Need Help with qmultiselector and qlist

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Alex,

Using ezEdit you can see an option there Eliminate Duplicate Values that would do it. If you are on old versions you might not see that option.

For the second there is an option in ezEdit called Refresh Page When Selection Change. Check that and every time you change the selection the page would refresh and the qChartView would get the new value through the session.

PS

What's your Quest Web Parts and SharePoint version?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have sharepoint server 2007.  How do I check which version of quest I have?

Also for your responses – could you provide where within ezEdit I should find those options.

Sorry – I am in day number three of this and am still trying to learn.

Thanks,

Alex

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Alex,

You need to go to web part menu (verb) and under ezEdit you'll find About.

image2.png

For the second part here is a screenshot of the ezEdit options

image1.png

Please refer to the documentation for more details.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

All,

This is my first post, so I apologize if this question has been asked before.  I am just starting using quest webparts so any links or suggestions for tutorials would be great.

Basically I am created a project status dashboard for my company involving project managers uploading a project status report on a weekly basis.  So the process is just the project managers filling in a new list item and inputting new data every week for the same projects – just different week numbers.

I then use qlist and qchart to display the info I want.

Ultimately, I want the end users to drill to thier specific project for whichever week they want – since this is 2 filtered values I decided to use the qmultiselector to pass session variables to my qlist and qchart. 

Here are my questions:

1. how do i set up the qmultiselector to only display distinct values?

I can’t share company specifics but here is an example of what the list would like

Project Name:               Week:

A                                        6/26/2012

A                                        0703/2012

B                                        06/26/2012

B                                        07/03/2012

Notice how the master list will just be repeating the same project names but for different weeks.  On the qmultiselector – I just want to see distinct values – so.

Qmultselector:

First Choose                        Then Choose

Week                                   Project Name

06/26/2012                              A

B

Right now – qmultiselector is showing multiples of the same date instead just one date and the different projects associated with the date.

Question 2:

I created a session to pass to the qlist and qchart to get the multiselector to work.  Everything works fine for passing the session to the qchart.  however, I have to physically refresh the page in order to have my qlist updated based on the selection of qmultiselector.

Thank you so much for your help and I am sorry if my post was hard to understand.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I am using version 5.4

I do not see those options in the ezEdit menu.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Also,  if that functionality does not exist in version 5.4 then is there another way to essentially

1. eliminate duplicate values

2. refresh page when selection is changed

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

The functionality I've been talking about has been added to the recent versions of QWP.

Since the version 5.4 is 4 versions older (the most recent version is 5.7) I'd suggest you to upgrade to a most recent version.

You can check out the release notes what has been fixed from one version to another, what new feature were added and you can download QWP for free and try your scenario before moving on with the migration.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.