• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Alerusso,

n

If you want to configure two lists into qChartView, these two lists must have the common columns. It is as design. For your case, qChartView just can configure the fields that belong to the first list, so the ‘Product’ column cannot be configured in qChartView. Conversely, if you change the order in the Viewed Lists setting, put the second list to the first, the ‘Engineer’ field cannot be saw any more.

n

I suggest you can modify the field name to make sure they have the same name.

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Does the common column used have to be of a specific type?  Currently, in my scenario it is of type Choice.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Michael,

n

Yes, you’d better to make sure the field types are the same. Because qChartView needs to merge the data from two list, if it find the common column that has the same field name but different data types, that may throw the exception during merging data.

n

For your case, I think the Choice type can be supported, because the internal value of this field type is string. You could take a try. If you can provide your list and web part temples, I can do the test for you.

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I am trying to configure qChartView to display the data for two Lists in the same site. In my tests, both are Issues Lists. However, even though I add both Lists to qChartView through ezEdit, when I try to configure the graph, I only see the dropdown details of one of the Lists (the first one added to the WebPart).

n

The two Lists do not have a common column that I am sorting by. One has an ‘Engineer’ column and the other a ‘Product’ column that I would like to see the totals in qChartView. Is there a step I am missing or must the Data Series for qChartView be of a common column in both Lists?

n

Thanks!

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Turned out that it was one of the common columns being used.  Corruption possibly.  The user will be recreating the lists.  Thanks for weighing in on this situation.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.