qExcelViewer – how to convert a number column to text?

qExcelViewer – how to convert a number column to text?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi,

n

Sorry, this is a bug for qExcelViewer web part, I have log it into TFS track the status, the TFS number is #420983.

n

To be a workaround, you can use the PDF export format in qListView. That can avoid this issue. Thank you.

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

The same issue occurs in the Excel Export function for qListview and qSIListview web parts.  When the column contains leading zeros – for example, 012345.9999, they are treated as number instead of text, so the leading zero is dropped (i.e. 012345.9999 becomes 12345.9999).

n

Please kindly advise if there is a workaround for this issue? 

n

Thanks again!

n

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

n

The export to excel logical in qListView and qSIListView is the same with qExcelViewer. This is the same bug there. I have updated the #420983.

n

n

As an workaround, please use export to PDF function.

n

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello,

We are using QuickApps v.6.3.  In my original list, the Client No. column is defined as a text column.  However, this field was converted to number in qExcelViewer, so all the leading zero’s are mssing – for example, 09988 became 9988, etc.  Could I change the display format of this column so that the leading zero can be preserved in Excel Viewer?  I didn’t see a way to create a custom column there, unfortunately.

Please advise.

Thank  you!

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

OK – thanks!

Laurinda Chi
      Laurinda Chi
      Participant

Hi there,

Just curious – has this issue been resolved in v.6.6?  The TFS number is #420983.

This is regarding Export to Excel function (stripping leading zeros), which occurs whether we use qExcelviewer or the Actions > Export function.

Please kindly advise on the eta?

Thank you!

Laurinda Chi

Deepak Tyagi
      Deepak Tyagi

Hello Laurinda,

This issue has not been taken up in 6.6 version .we will resolve this issue in further releases and we will update you accordingly.

Thank you!

Deepak

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.