QListForm and Event Content Type

QListForm and Event Content Type

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

What content type would you recommend and would it sync with Outlook calendars?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Your list has to be a SharePoint calendar to synchronize with Outlook.

What's the reason not to display those 3 fields? They show up in the OOB wp for calendar lists.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Gerard,

Try to undo the changes done with SP Designer and use qListForm and Display Fields proprty not to display those fields.

What's you SP and QWP version?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hey ,

Even when the fields are no longer hidden in SPD, the fields do not appear in the Display Fields so that I can configure them NOT to display. The 3 fields appear by default on the qListform at the bottom of the form and when I use multiple tabs, they appear on the bottom of the first tab. I use Sharepoint 2010 & Product Version: 5.7 (Build 2012.3.15)

Regards,

G. O'Grady

JITC CIO Support TASC-N

gerald.d.ogrady.ctr@mail.mil

Office: 301-743-4141

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Gerald,

I see the issue and I checked the Calendar OOB web part and it did the same. Those 3 fields showed up there too.

To get rid of those fields please create a custom list and add Start time, End Time and Location fields. Then display it in a qCalendar wp and use qListForm wp to add//edit items.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

In order to sync the calendar with Outlook I would still need to use the event content type, correct?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Even though I have hidden the “Recurrence”, “Workspace” & “All Day Event” fields for my calendar in SharePoint Designer, when I add the QListForm webpart, they show-up in the form display, but I cannot configure them at all (hide/disable/group) as they do not appear in “display fields”.  Anybody figured out how to hide or at least configure these fields?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I am fine to display the recurrence and all day event, but the workspace I'd prefer not to allow…plus, they only appear at the bottom of the first tab when using a tabbed qListform so it forces me to put the other date/time fields close to the bottom of that page so that "recurrence" and "all day event' are not too far removed from the start time & end time fields…pain!  Thanks.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.