qListForm Discussion Reply populate field from original Discussion

qListForm Discussion Reply populate field from original Discussion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

We have a Discussion Board list that has a field called Email To.  It is a People/Person field.  When you hit Reply to a Discussion (we are using qListForm here) we would like this Email To field to populate with what was entered in this field in the original Discussion. 

Is this possible?  I tried doing a Cross-Site Lookup for the Email To Field then doing a filter for Content Type = Discussion and the ID equal to the ParentDiscussionID.  I was able to produce the corrent values but it wasn’t in the format I was expecting.  And when I tried to save it, I received an error.

Discussion.jpg

Resulrs.jpg

Error.jpg

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

In the qDiscussionView, there isn't a Session Name field to use just a Search Session Name field.  I did try to use this but the session doesn't appear to work. 

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

The idea is to save in a session variable the original discussion and then on the qListForm to consume the values from the session.

Set the session on the qDiscussionView, then on the qListForm go to the Display Fields, pick the Email To field, hit Edit then scroll all the way to the bottom and then pick the field type to be from the session.

When you reply to a discussion you pick the discussion  and when you Reply it will set the session values, open the qListForm and it populates the field with the value from the session.

Please check the docs about how to use the session.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.