qListForm Error – ID Http Parameter Required

qListForm Error – ID Http Parameter Required

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I am trying to use a qSelector web part as a row provider for a qListForm as the manual says is possible thus …

“You can place a selector above a qListForm to select a certain item and then feed that item to the list form because the qSelector is a row provider”.

The two web parts are on a regular web part page (ie not a modified editform.aspx)  and I do not know how to initialise the qListForm which is giving an “ID Http Parameter Required” Error.

I guess the web part in EditListItem mode needs to know the id of the record to display and I do not know how to provide this.

Can anyone please answer this and if possible point me to some training material on using a qSelector to rowprovide for a qListForm in EditListItem mode.

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Richard,

The "ID Http parameter required" message shows up because your qListForm is in Edit Item mode and therefore expects an ID of the list item to be edited. You can fix that by editing the OOB Edit Item page, hide the OOB list form and add qListForm on that page and set it up to Eidt Item.

In thos way when you edit an item of that list the ID will be passed and qListForm consumes it.

For the qSelector passing data to a qListForm you can accomplish that using the session. The idea is to select a value from the qSelector, refresh the page, store the selected value in the session and on the qListform for that the field you want to display the data from the selector you pick Consume from session and use the name and the value set up in qSelector.

Please check the documentation for qSelector and qListForm related to Session.

If you still have any questions please let me know.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.