qListform HTTP ID field

qListform HTTP ID field

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

This was a well known issue and has been around for a while. The solution to this issue is built into qListView and qListForm. In qListView there is a property under Display tab in ezEdit that specifies the name of the HTTP parameter, by default it is "ID" and you can change it to other name, such as "CID", "TID" and whatever. You just need to make sure you specify the same parameter ID in qListForm. This should resolve your problem. If you do not have qListView in concert with qListForm for this scenario, you can change the parameter name in query string and modify the property in qListForm alone.

The explanation to the original issue may have to do with the ID parameter being used by the form page from SharePoint but I will need to dig to find the exact reason.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Good morning,

I created a web part page which has a qlistform on it with formtype set to displayitem.  When launching the form, I append “ID=xx” to the url to pass the ID of the list item.  I’ve confirmed that the item IDs used for testing exist.   I’ve done this many times with other lists/qlistforms, but for some reason I am getting the attached error.  I also have a seperate page with the qlistform set to NewListItem and it is working fine.  Any thoughts?

Additional Attachments:

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Ah !

I think I remember this issue from a year or so ago.  Will try that solution. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.