qListForm with External List

qListForm with External List

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Supporting External List in qListView and qListForm is in the Quest Web Parts product map. Unfortunately we are currently not able to fully support External List. Could you describe your scenarios of using this feature with QWP in some details? We would like to consider it during prioritization of requested features.

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

We are setting up our Project Tracking Tool in SharePoint that we want to do some reporting off of in conjunction with some other system data (Time Tracking – .Net application outside of SharePoint) so we wanted to use External Lists so that we could easily create reports with both tool's (Project Tracking and Time Tracking) data.  However, our form for Project Tracking has some component behavior as well some hidden fields we'd like to leverage with the qListForm…so we wanted an external list as well as the ability to control the form behavior.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have an external list that is setup using the Business Data Connectivity Service (linked to a SQL table).  The list works great in SharePoint but I wanted to use a qListForm but when I add it to the Display form I get this error:

The following error occurred: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.error.jpg

Can you not use the qListForm with an External List setup in SharePoint?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

We have been planning to support External List with qListView and qListForm. It is just that it has not happened yet. Is qSIListForm an option for you in this case, where qSIListForm can communicate with the Project Tracking Tool via, Web services? The form component behavior and hidden fields capability are all in qSIListForm as well. I understand with this approach, there is certain limitation as compared to natively supporting External List in qListForm, such as support for various SharePoint field types but it may be possible to accomplish it before this capability is implemented.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.