• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

Do you have the right permissions on both Parent and child list to download a document?

n

Can you please try to use the child list only (no parent-child configuration) as see if that works?

n

Thanks,

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

Thanks for the reply.

n

I have done that, it works fine. 

n

In fact, that's the way it is in production today, the "parent" is one page which links to the "child" page.  We did this because there was no child context menu functionality previously (pre 6.0 I think?).  Anyway, we're trying to combine the 2 pages now that child context menu functionality is available.  It's working for Delete Item and Edit Properties, just not for Download a Copy.  I wonder if it would work if both parent and child were libraries.  I may try that just for fun.  But in the meantime I really need the Download a Copy functionality on the child, otherwise I'll have to leave the pages split.  Unless there are any other ideas.  🙂

n

Thanks again.

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

I can confirm that this is not a supported scenario. What happens there is because the parent is a list not a library the menu doesn't have the Download option.

n

I created an  Enhancement Request for this and it will be considered for future releases. The reference# is 387113

n

This is an idea about how you can accomplish your scenario in one page.

n

Drop 2 qListViews on the page, let's call them q1 an dq2.

n

Set q1 to display the list and make a column a LinkTo column to the current page and add ?FieldUsedToLookupToTheLib=<%FieldName%>

n

Set q2 to display the library and add a CAML filter for the filed used as lookup and for the condition use httpparam and the value FieldUsedToLookupToTheLib

n

How this will work?

n

The users pick a list item, male click on the field set up as LinkTo, this will refresh teh page, will append to the URL the condition and q2 will use this to filter the docs.

n

Please give it a try and let me know if you have any questions.

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

Thank you for the reply.  I'll give it a try.

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

I was able to do what you described, linking to another qListView on the same page.  This is similar to what we do now, except the "child" qListView is on a separate page.  I like having them on the same page so may use this in our next release.

n

Unfortunately, this does not meet the requirement that I'm trying to fulfill.  The users would like to see an overall snapshot of parents and children, not just one set of children at a time.  They'd like to be able to edit both parents and children from this page (which is possible now that the child context menu was added).  They'd also like to be able to download from this page as well – which brings up the issue at hand.

n

Lastly, they'd like to download multiple documents at a time.  We met this requirement by enabling the "Open with Windows Explorer" action on the toolbar.  This does not seem to be available in a parent/child view either.  Are there plans to get this working in a parent/child scenario?

n

Also, are there any other options for downloading multiple documents at a time (besides "Open with Windows Explorer")?

n

I think, at least for now, we'll have to continue with the workarounds (separate qListViews) in some fashion.  We did build a parent/child page for viewing only.  We had hoped to be able to combine that with the update pages in the next release.

n

Would it be possible for you to let me know when and if the "Download a Copy" and "Open with Windows Explorer" functionality become available on a library child?

n

Thank you so much for your help.

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Greetings,

n

I have a qListView that uses a parent/child relationship to reference a list (parent) and a library (child).  I am trying to get “Download a Copy” to display on the child’s Context Menu.

n

For the Context Menu options, I have “Enable Context Menu”, “Show Edit Properties”, “Show Delete Item” and “Show Download a Copy” checked.  When I access the page, “Edit Properties” and “Delete Item” are displayed on both Context Menus.  “Download a Copy” does not display on either one.

n

I would expect “Download a Copy” to display on the child Context Menu.

n

If I create a parent-only page using a library, “Download a Copy” displays on the Context Menu as expected.

n

Has anyone encountered this problem, or does anyone know of a resolution?  Are there plans to correct this in a future version?

n

We are using Version 6.3 (Build 2014.5.5).

n

Thank you.

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

“Download a Copy” issue has been supported in v6.4 now, you can  upgrade to this version to take a try.

n

“Open with Windows Explorer” isn’t supported in the qListView of parent/child list. the enhancement request is # 387113.

n

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.