Upgrade from 5.4 (Quest Web Parts) to 6.1 (QuickApps for SharePoint 2010)

Upgrade from 5.4 (Quest Web Parts) to 6.1 (QuickApps for SharePoint 2010)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Thomas,

n

My answers are in blue color.

n

n

• Do I need to purchase a new license key: I believe so since upgrading to a x.0 version.n

— You need to update your license to 6.x license. About how to get a new license I suggest you contact the relevant sales guy.

n

• n

• What is the disk usage after installment?n

— I am not sure about the exact disk usage of 6.1. But it should be very close to the disk usage of 5.4.

n

• n

• Does it work on a Windows 7 enterprise with 180day-trial SharePoint Server Foundation version? (development environment)n

— 6.1 can support SharePoint Foundation version. But we tested it on Windows Server not Windows 7. If 5.4 can work on Windows 7, I believe 6.1 can also work.

n

• n

• What happens with the content from all the currect web parts (5.4) after upgrading to 6.1. I noticed in the installment guide that its necessary to unistall previous installments first. This leaves very little hope for all the current content which exists in all the intances of the web parts used. Still some hope here ๐Ÿ˜‰
      • n

n

— In my understanding, the contents you mean in your question are the web part configurations and the data displayed on the web parts, right?

n

Web part configurations are saved in the content database. And the data is from the SP lists/libraries. It is also saved in the content database. All the web parts configurations and the data can be kept after upgrading to 6.1. 

n

Thanks,

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello there,

I searched for some upgrade topics from 5.4 to 6.1. I was hoping to find some intel on this specific situation. Does anyone has something to share?

I’m having some questions:

• Do I need to purchase a new license key: I believe so since upgrading to a x.0 version.
      • What is the disk usage after installment?
      • Does it work on a Windows 7 enterprise with 180day-trial SharePoint Server Foundation version? (development environment)
      • What happens with the content from all the currect web parts (5.4) after upgrading to 6.1. I noticed in the installment guide that its necessary to unistall previous installments first. This leaves very little hope for all the current content which exists in all the intances of the web parts used. Still some hope here ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thans in advance for the help and suggestions.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

n

n

Thank you so much for your response, it makes things a bit clearer. 

n

n

Regards,

n

Thomas

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.