Enhance your SharePoint discussions by creating multi-threaded conversations that are easy to follow. View the topic and responses of multiple discussion lists in a single tree view and preview the selected item in a preview panel.
Advantages over native SharePoint
- Native discussion boards seem almost to discourage discussion, as threads are poorly displayed and categorized
- More intuitive user interface
- Ability to add a discussion view to a page zone verses having it take up the entire page
Before installing QuickApps, ensure your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
- Software and hardware requirements for QuickApps are the same as those for SharePoint.
- For a complete list of SharePoint 2013 requirements, go to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262485.aspx.
- For a complete list of SharePoint 2010 requirements, go to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262485(v=office.14).aspx.
- QuickApps must be installed on one of the web front end servers. It does not have to be installed on all the servers in the farm.
- QuickApps requires administrator rights on the SharePoint server during installation. If your SQL Server is located on a different computer than the SharePoint server, ensure that you log in with a domain account that has administrative farm privileges.
- Although administrative tasks on SharePoint sites are optimized for Internet Explorer 8 or later, Microsoft SharePoint Server also provides rendering support for other browsers that are commonly used. To ensure that you have complete access to all the functionality, we recommend that you use Internet Explorer 8 or later for administrative tasks.