Deliver powerful SharePoint forms easily using point-and-click configuration, instead of custom code, to accelerate time-to-delivery by up to 80 percent.
Advantages over native SharePoint
- Group multiple form fields into tabs to maximize valuable screen space and eliminate the need for scrolling north and south on a page
- Create, display and edit list data across different sites, site collections or web applications
- Show and hide parts of a form dynamically based on rules such as a user’s role or group
- Ensure master-detail relationships between form fields (for example, State filters County)
- Form fields can be lookup or cross-site lookup columns
- Enable AutoPostBack to ensure a form refreshes when a user changes a selected item in a lookup field or cross-site lookup field
- Update entries in one or more dependent lists across sites
- Redirect users to specific pages after saving information
Before installing QuickApps, ensure your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
- Software and hardware requirements for QuickApps are the same as those for SharePoint.
- For a complete list of SharePoint 2013 requirements, go to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262485.aspx.
- For a complete list of SharePoint 2010 requirements, go to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262485(v=office.14).aspx.
- QuickApps must be installed on one of the web front end servers. It does not have to be installed on all the servers in the farm.
- QuickApps requires administrator rights on the SharePoint server during installation. If your SQL Server is located on a different computer than the SharePoint server, ensure that you log in with a domain account that has administrative farm privileges.
- Although administrative tasks on SharePoint sites are optimized for Internet Explorer 8 or later, Microsoft SharePoint Server also provides rendering support for other browsers that are commonly used. To ensure that you have complete access to all the functionality, we recommend that you use Internet Explorer 8 or later for administrative tasks.