SharePoint 2010 has the List View Threshold that limits maximum number of items that can be retrieved in one request. QWP retrieves all the items from list and then applies CAML filter.
Title“The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold enforced by the
Change the List View Threshold number according to the number of items in the list.
The setting for the list throttle
1. Open the SharePoint Central Administration,
2. Go to Application Management | Manage Web Applications
3. Click to select the web application that hosts your list (e.g. SharePoint - 80)
4. At the Ribbon, select the General Settings and select Resource Throttling
5. Then, you can see the 5000 List View Threshold limit and you can edit the value you want.
6. Click OK to save it.