We are getting the same error message. However, removing the FCB did not resolve the error.
Background slightly different:
- Source site was in SharePoint 2007
- Used Quest Deployment Manager for SharePoint v2.1 (9/30/12 release) to copy site to SharePoint 2010 system
- Subsequently used QuestDM to copy Quest Web Parts (v5.3 in SP 2007, v5.7 in SP 2010)
- Could only get the qListView parts to function, so we wiped the target site completely and tried again, this time copying only the qListView web parts.
- Recreated qListForm web parts per source site design: Created for New just fine. But Edit and View throw the error noted: "The following error occurred: Value does not fall within the expected range."
- Deleted all FCB from the Edit and View configurations, but still throws error. Site works fine on SP 2007 with QWP 5.3.
Based on some other readings, I went into the Central Admin and adjusted the General Settings > Resource Throttling > List View Lookup Threshold from 8 to 20. This did not alter the results, however.
Anyone with any ideas? Thanks!