A need for contribute rights…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Richard,

If I remember well we released a hotfix for this issue.

Unfortunatelly the RTM folder is not available (IT issue) so I can't confirm this.

I'll check it again on Monday morning and let you know.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Th folder is still not available so I opened up an IT ticket.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Please let me know what is the QWp version.

Tks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

We were using 5.5 for 2007 then used 5.5 for 2010.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Steven,

I don't see any hotfix regarding your issue in 5.5 SP2010 version.

You may consider to upgrade your QWP to the latest version (5.6) or wait for 5.7 which will be out in April.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Has this issue been fixed or address in a Quest hotfix or new version? I'm having the same issue with my qcalendar.

Thanks

Dustin

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Dustin,

The issue is fixed in 5.7. Please consider upgrading to 5.7 for SP2010. You'll get lots of new features and fixes.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

, Awesome, I will defiantly make a push for that. Unfortunately I am working through government channels and procurement can be a bit tedious sometimes. 

I know we were scheduled for an upgrade that got pushed to the right for some reason; hopefully we/they can make that upgrade happen sooner rather than later.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly I just Googled this community, and believe it may quickly become a go to resource for me and my developers with responses like this!

Dustin

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello there

Upgraded Quest Web Parts and SharePoint to 2010.  Unless the users are given contribute rights to the list the receive “The following error occurs: You do not have permission to edit this list item”  in the qCalendarView WebPart.

We are using this to simply roll up calendar events for everyone to view…is there a way to have these user “not” need contribute rights, (and therefore not have edit rights)?

Thank you

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad that you find it usefull and you plan to use it as a source of information and also to post questions/issues.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.