A qListView web part that is linked from different pages…

A qListView web part that is linked from different pages…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I'm the customer who asked the question.  Here is additional information on what I've tried thus far.

Per suggestions from a Quest team member I read the article linked here http://whatsthesharepoint.com/2010/05/removing-options-with-jquery/.  I was able to use the code and remove the filter options as described in the article, but I don't know how I can repurpose the code to preselect the filter values.  I would also need a way to fire up the search at the time the page is loaded, without having to click on "Go".

Thanks.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Rita,

To preserve the search criteria use the ezEdit->Display->Session Name property (check the documentation for more details).

Ths will help your qListView to remember the search criterias.

To fire up the search when the page loads turn off qListView Ajax property and take a look. You may need a bit of javascript code to refresh the page.

Since your question is complex please let me know if I missed something.

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thank you for your reply.  I have used the session name property for something similar to what you are suggesting in your reply.

The need I currently have is different.  I have a page with a qListView web part that displays content from multiple lists. I have it configured with 3 search columns.  I would like to to link to this page from different pages and pass some parameters to force the search in one or two of the defined search columns.  The parameters to pass from the different pages will be different.

Example:

When linking from Page 1 we will like to search for items for Department = "Marketing"

When linking from Page 2  we will like to search for items for Department = "Sales"

My plan B is to have multiple pages with qListView web part configured with a CAML filter for each one of the departments.  I was hoping I could do it with a single page to facilitate future maintenance.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Rita,

I see. Your explanation cleare up the initial question.

Plan B is the plan that requires the least amount of work.

If you want to have only one list then you need some custom code.

You have the qListView with the search session called MySearchSession.

What you need to do is to set the session var MySearchSession with the value Marketing, Sales etc. before you redirect the users to the qListView.

In that way when the qListView loads it gets the new search criteria.

Please note that the qListView session is a hashtable.

What do you think?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello there,

(posting on behalf of a customer)

Is it possilbe to have a page containing a qListView web part that is linked from different pages, (and depending on the page the link is) pass parameters to the qListView to filter the view? 

It is possible to set the CAML filter to read http parameters, but don’t know how to dynamically set the filter (Search) parameters with http parameters or session variables. 

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you for any guidance or suggestions,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

as you stated above, where would you set the session var MySearchSession with values? On the calling pages?  

I have a qchartview and on it's "display" tab i created a search sesion call ChartViewSearch – that is suppose to "preserve" the search criteria use for that chart .  I tried to reuse that session ChartViewSearch on a drilldown qListView page in it's CAML filter.  No rows returned and giving me error that said "Session variable specified by the SessionName attribute in the value element of CAML filter does not contain any value".  But when I use the session name created in qSelector of calling page, it works.  Any suggestions?

-Myo

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.