Add edit link in QListView

Add edit link in QListView

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

there are a couple of ways.  One is to enable the context menu (thru one of one of the tabs on ezEdit for the qListView).  That is the easiest.

A more custom way is to create a custom column and set its value to be a URL to open the editform.aspx page for the list.  I can provide examples if you want.  Right now I am kind of scrambling because we discovered a maddening issue with attachments on qListForm in conjunction with content types.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Actually an example of the first on would probably suffice. No hurry, thank you in advance for your help.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

How do I add the ability to click on an item in QListView to Edit? What am I missing here?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I highly recommend their CBT if you haven't tried it.  It covers a lot of ground.  By default, when you create a qListView, there is a right-click context menu available when you click on an item and it includes an Edit option… you actually have to turn it off if you don't want it.

We wanted something more obvious to our users, so we used the option available under the "Context Menu Appearance" tab on ezEdit: "Show Context Menu Method" defaults to Right-click, but we changed it to "ShowContextMenuColumn".  That adds a drop-down button on the far left side of each item row.  Click that and you get the context menu which includes Edit.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Anthony

You can use the LinkTo attribute for the DisplayField to create a hyperlink for the column on qListView. This will allow you to click on the item to go to any page, including item edit page. The following screenshot illustrates the ezEdit -> Display Tab -> Display Fields -> Field Detail screen. The LinkTo attribute takes any URL (absolute or relative) and Field Expression. A field expression is wrapped inside <% and %> and can be any field in the DisplayFields list or the underlying list fields.You can use as many field expression in LinkTo, such as mypage.aspx?ID=<%ID%>&Title=<%Title%>. With the following configuration, the Title column will display title as hyperlink and clicking on the link will bring you to the Edit form for that item. Also you can use context menu or the “ShowContextMenuColumn” options indicated in the help file.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.