Announcement list with two expiration dates.

Announcement list with two expiration dates.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

i have been wondering and what i need is a calculated column of type date that does the above comparation

i have written the following:   =IF(Expires=1/1/2013,Expiration,Expires) i want that if expires=1/1/2013 have "Expiration" and if "Expire" isnt equal to 1/1/2013 then have "Expires"

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

i have an announcement list that has the incoming e-mail settings activated. the “Expires” column is a default column for incoming email settings.

this list has two possibles inputs, the first way by manual input, and the second way by incoming e-mail.

the problem that i have is the incoming e-mail hasn’t got any default expiration date field, so when a e-mail is received, i have a calculated column of type date called “Expiration”(gets data from “modified” field ) and the “Expires” column will be in blank for an email. and for the manual input, the “Expires” column and the “Expiration” column are both used when in this case the “Expires” info is the one that i want to use.

so the problem is with the manual input that will have probably different information from “Expires” and “Expiration” fields

so how could i filter the items that haven’t got “Expires” information with the items that have “Expires” info.

what i mean is for example how to filter the list with 2 criterias, so first filter the items by “Expiration” when they haven’t got “Expires” information and secondly if it has “Expires” info then filter it.

i whant a filter like this in my list

if(column(Expires)==null)        //email input

column(Expiration)

else                                        //manual input

column(Expires)

thanks.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Now it works Outage calculated column of type date with the following formula:

=IF(test<=Expires,Expires,Expiration)

test calculated column type date, with Todays date.

Expires manual input type date.

Expiration automatic data type date.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.