• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

You don't need to set the Auto Post Back attribute on the Task Complete field at all–uncheck Auto Post Back.   Just create a Form Component behavior on the Comments field and go to the required when section.  Make the Comments field required when the "Task Complete" is equal to "Yes" and then enter a message when the requirement is not met.  Do this for the New Form and the Edit form.  Here is what my XML in qListForm looks like which worked fine for me:

n

<FormComponentBehavior>
        <Component Type="Field" ID="Comments">
          <RequiredWhen Message="You must provide a Comment when the task complete is Yes">
            <Eq>
              <FieldRef Name="Task_x0020_Complete" />
              <Value Type="Choice">Yes</Value>
            </Eq>
          </RequiredWhen>
        </Component>
      </FormComponentBehavior>

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Greetings all,

n

I have a qListForm containing Task information, including Task Complete? (Yes/No) and Comments fields.  I want the Comments to be required when the Task Complete? is checked (set to Yes). 

n

I created a Form Component Behavior item on the Comments field.  I created a “Required When:” when the Task Complete attribute is checked. 

n

I checked the Auto Post Back attribute on the Task Complete? field.

n

When I change the Task Complete? field, the form grays out with the message “Refreshing the form”.  This refresh never completes.  (I have let it sit up to 15 minutes.)

n

Is there something else I need to do to accomplish the Auto Post Back.  Is there a system configuration item that needs to be set somewhere?

n

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Curtis,

n

Thanks for the reply.

n

I did as you suggest initially.  When I changed the Task Complete? attribute on the form to Yes, the change was not detected and I was allowed to save the form without comments.   The new Task Complete? value (Yes) was only recognized once I saved the form and then opened it again.  I believe I need the Auto Post Back so that the change is recognized on the form at the time it is made. 

n

I believe in this case the issue is a multi-line field I have defined a Rich Text.  For whatever reason, that caused the Auto Post Back to stall.  When I took the field off of the form, the form worked as designed, i.e., when I change the Task Complete? to Yes, the form refreshes with the new value and I'm not allowed to save the form until comments are entered.

n

n

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.