• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the late response.

I was able to see the behavior you described above in both SP2007 and SP2010 using QWP 5.7 (both scenarios Ajax enabled/disabled). e for QWP 5.6. This confirms that is not something we introduced in the latest release but keeping the same behavior from the previous released versions.

If you need to have a  validation on this "Specify your own value" field you can use Custom Actions to do that during the Save event. Please check our documentation regarding this topic using QWP help (Custom Action Help section).

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

SharePoint 2010

QWP 5.7 (build 2012.4.19)

I have a qListForm with a Choice field and a text field.  The choice field has the ‘Specifiy your own Value’ option enabled at the list to allow the user to type in a response.

On the form, the choice field has Autopostback enabled.  When you select a standard choice from the list, the autopost works correctly to display the text field (via form component behavior).  When you select the Specify your own value option, the Autopost does not run.  Is there a way around this?  I do not remember this being the issue when we were in 2007.  Enable Ajax is always dispabled since we have Prople fields on most of our forms.

A further complication to this is if you make the Text field conditionally required (via form component behavior), the form will not save and the user will not know why since the required text field does not display.

I have included a picture of the nornal selection and when I use a Specify your own option.

Associated list for the form = test (Title – text, and multiselect- choice)

Additional Attachments:

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi,

I am getting another error "Access Denied".

When a users with "Contribute without Delete" permissions try to specify a value, the user gets error " Permission Denied". There are no errors for user with Full control.

Please guide.

Thanks,

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.