Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

n

n

For qListForm, it will save the HTML code in rich text field. And if you turn on ‘Encode in HTML’ in qListView, the field will display its value directly. I don’t understand why do you turn on the ‘Encode in HTML’? is that for some business scenario?

n

n

For the Yes/No field in calculated field, it will be fixed in v6.5.

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

n

v6.5 doesn’t have an ETA yet, I will ask the PM and let you know later.

n

Sorry for confusing about the HTML Encode description. As I said in the previous post, qListFrom save the data including the format in rich text field, so the HTML tags are the part of the value. The description in help document means if you want to display the real value in the item, you should turn on this setting, otherwise, the browser may treat it as a HTML tag. For example, if user want to display the data :” a > b”, then he should turn on the HTML Encode setting.

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks ,

n

When is 6.5 coming out?

n

HTML Encode is confusing.  The field description says this: "If this field contains values that are surrounded by < and >, you have to set the HTML Encode attribute to true. Otherwise, the values will not be displayed correctly."

n

Since we are using a calculated value, it is surrounded by < > and we were also using <b> and a few other HTML tags.  So when I read that description that tells me we need to turn on HTML Encode.

n

After some more testing, turning OFF HTML Encode seems to work.

n

Trav

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi,

We are using a rich text editor on a qListForm.  When displayed in qListView normally (non-Calculated Value) it seems to work fine.  But, in our instance we need to use it in a Calculated Value field.

Now all the HTML tags are showing up in the qListView.  Yes, Encode in HTML is on.  Below is a screen clip of the same field in a qListView.  The field on the left is the Calculated Value and the right is the normal field.

In the Calculated Values field of the custom field, right now all it does is call the Status Update field <%Status Update%>.

The Calculated Values has caused other issues, for example when calling a Boolean Yes/No, the Calc Value flips it to 1’s and 0’s.

Any advices?

Thanks.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

n

n

The v6.5 will be released in middle August.

n

n

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.