Cannot see loading panel in QDiscussionView webpart when expanding or collapsing

Cannot see loading panel in QDiscussionView webpart when expanding or collapsing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Tia,

Please ensure that you run the Configuration Editor tool and fix al issues required in the web.config file (see the documentation for more details).

If you are on the share version of qDiscussionView then please read the readme file and perform manually those changes.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

n

Thanks for the reply.

n

Where can I download the Configuration Editor tool? I follow the link http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/sharepoint-for-all/w/wiki/5537.qdiscussionview-freeware-web-part-for-sharepoint-2010 to get this webpart, and refer to the Release Notes.htm for web.config changes.

n

n

Below is the screenshot (with dummy discussion text)

n

qdiscussionview.PNG

n

n

Last time when using this webpart in SharePoint 2007, I remember there was loading panel when expanding long discussion list

n

n

Does the panel exist on this version? I noticed that there is a div with id = dxtlLoadingDiv_Office2003Blue.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi,

I'd suggest you to perform manually the changes required in the web.config file following the instructions from the readme file. The Configuration Editor tool performs all changes required for the full version of the product and this can cause your site to stop working.

From what I see in your screenshot the web part works correctly. Please confirm that the following actions can be performed:

– select a discussion and see the content

– expand/collapse a tread

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Yes, it can load discussion and expand, reply from the toolbar.

However there's no pop up loading – it seems unresponsive if there's lots

of discussion.

I also notice that view, edit, delete item from context menu (right

clicking) only reload the page. How to make the function works?

TIA

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi,

I tried QDiscussionView 5.6 for SharePoint 2010 but cannot see any loading panel when expanding/collapsing items inside the tree.

Has anyone encounter this before?

TIA

Message was edited by: dan gauntner

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

Yesterday I tried to use Quest Web Parts for SharePoint trial version:

– can view, edit the item from popup menu (right click) — seems that it needs QListView

– still cannot see loading panel when expanding/collapsing

Do you see any loading panel on your side?

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.