• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi,

Posting on behalf of another person:

Application consists of a list “AHUserInformation” which consists of two fields “Supervisor” and “User Unit” which are look up columns . They are looking up from  “Supervisor” field of type People and group  and “User Unit” field of type choice in the “Supervisor” list .

Data from “Supervisor” list “User unit” filed is based on “Supervisor” field selection, corresponding “User Unit” data  should be populated in the “user unit” field of the “AHUserInformation”List. We are not able to achieve this through qlistform .

The following are the screenshots of the qlist form of the “AHUserInformation” list.

ANUserinf.PNG

When the supervisor is selected in the form , the user unit field should show the corresponding user unit for that particular Supervisor.

But, the user unit field is not getting populated as per the requirement.

AinfForm.PNG

Thanks,

Kate

PS. QWP 5.7

SP 2010

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

This is the configuration that I use to accomplish this scenario:

– 4 lists

– Continents (ContinentID)

– Countries (CountryID, ContinentID)

– Language(LanguageID, CountryID)

Contacts (ContactID, ContinentID<lookup to Continents>, CountryID<Lookup to Countries>, LanguageID<Lookup to Languages>)

I link qListForm to Contacts list, I choose the fields and I use AutoPostback and Parent Field, Parent Filter and Filter Field Name of those lookup fields to filter Countries based on previous selected Continent and Language based on previous selection of the Country.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.