Change Cross-Site Lookup Display Data qListForm

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Kevin,

To configure a cross-site lookup field as a hyperlink to the lookup item in the lookup list you you can modifiy the list view  (such as the AllItems view) of the Contract Info list to configure a qListView web and hide the OOB view from SharePoint.

You can include in qListView the same display fields as seen in the OOB view, and for the cross-site lookup field, set the DisplayFieldName to "Task Name", and set Link To to a URL that looks like https://domain/Contract/subsite/Lists/ContractsBySite/DispForm.aspx?ID=<%ID%>. This will make the field a hyperlink field showing the Task Name, which when clicked by the user, opens up the view of the lookup item.

Yuan

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Yuan, Is there no way to do this and still use the OOB SharePoint view? Do all pieces of this list have to be Quest web parts for this to work correctly?

Kevin

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Yuan, I tested your solution and the issue is that the <%ID%> returned in the URL is the ID of the item in the Contract Info list not the Contacts by Task list which is where I want them directed. Also with using the qListView web part users have no option for additional view selector or the ability to filter by column (without filter panel) like standard OOB SharePoint.

Kevin

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

This is no good OOTB solution to address the need for a cross-site lookup, you would need a custom solution to do this. The Quest Web Parts approach to this problem is to have a simple single-line-of-text field to store the cross-site lookup values which uses the format http://domain/site;#ListName;#ID, which can be interpreted by QWP, but this format is not supported by anything outside of QWP. So unfortunately there isn't a way to support it using OOB SharePoint view yet.

Yuan

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Bumping this up, because I would like an answer to this question as well.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

All, I am trying to create a cross-site lookup field in a qListForm web part and have been successful in getting to pull data from the correct list. The drop down functions perfectly, displaying the data the way it is show in the lookup table. My issue is that when the item is saved the data that is displayed in the field is formatted like this “siteUrl;#listName;#listItemId“, what I want it to do is present the data the same way a standard SharePoint site column would, as a link to the entry with the data that is actually in the field.

For example:

The list I am working with is named “Contract Info” and it is located on the top level site (Contract). I am performing a cross-site lookup to a list named “Contacts by Site” that resides in a sub-site and pulling back the data in the column “Task Name”. In this example let’s say that I select “Task 123” from that look up. What I get as a result is “http://domain/Contract;#Contacts By Site;#3“. When what I want is a hyperlink to item number 3 in the Contacts By Site list that reads “Task 123” (underlying URL reads https://domain/Contract/subsite/Lists/DispForm.aspx?ID=3)

Can anyone help me configure this correctly?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

The resulted value (Cross site lkpup value) should be corrected not only the view but also in the display form. When I was using this feature in Edit form, it worked like a charm but when I try to use the resuling value in workflow, I started getting errors.

When Cross site lkpup value is rendered in edit form, it is fine. But it become (mostly) unusable once it is storing the value back to the form.

Any update/resolution in version 6.x?

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.