Conditional Hyperlink for Qlistview Rollup of Document Libraries.

Conditional Hyperlink for Qlistview Rollup of Document Libraries.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I currently Use the Qlistview to roll-up multiple document libraries, all configured with the same metadata, that roll-up into a Public Library view.  In native sharepoint if I click on the file to open, it opens the selected file using Office Web Apps (Browser mode) — this is the preferred launch mode because of performance.  Qlistview by default opens these items using the office client on the users workstation.  Even using the context menu command “Edit in Browser” fails to work with the exception of Excel files only.  What I would like to do is be able to construct a conditional hyperlink based on the file extension so I can use a single qlistview webpart to open a .doc, .xls, .ppt, etc to open these files in with their respective office web app.

Thus far the only success I’ve had is by using the CAML filter to create multiple webparts each filtering on the different file types and having their own unique value for the hyperlink.  Therefore separate webpart for word documents with a hyperlink of:  _layouts/WordViewer.aspx?id=<%FilePath%>  ,  for excel I use:  _layouts/xlviewer.aspx?id=<%FilePath%> , for powepoint I use: _layouts/PowerPoint.aspx?PowerPointView=ReadingView&PresentationId=<%FilePath%>,  and for all others (.pdf, .txt) others I use: <%FilePath%> .

Is this possible within the qlistview webpart?  I’m not a programmer, so please the more detailed the guidance, the better.

Thank you in advance.

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.