Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi there,

n

n

I am sorry, I cannot find the workaround with this issue. I have logged this bug for the team, the ID is #462413.

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I’m using QuickApps 6.4 (Build 2014.11.20).  I have three lists that we’ll call A, B, and C.

n

A has a lookup to C, and B also has a lookup to C.  The lookup fields do not require a value to be set in either list.  I have a page in Sharepoint using a qListForm which is successfully updating A, and updating the lookup in B as well via Dependent lists.  This works whether A has a value set for the lookup field or not.

n

I’m trying to create a qListForm to create a new item in B, and I want to set the lookup field from a session value storing an A item.  In my display fields setup I’m choosing the lookup field in B to be of field type “Consume value from a session”.  If the A item has a value for the lookup, everything works fine.  However, if the A item does not have a value for the lookup field, then I get an error: “The following error occurred: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”

n

I’m looking for any workaround without having to make my lookup field a required field.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

n

n

That will be addressed in the release note if it is fixed.

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Is this something that will be addressed in 6.5?

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.