Could not load file or assembly 'DevExpress.Web.v9.3, Version=9.3.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b88d1754d700e49a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file….

Could not load file or assembly 'DevExpress.Web.v9.3, Version=9.3.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b88d1754d700e49a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file….

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Chele,

It looks like retracting the package this entry was not removed from your web.config file.

Please backup your web.config file (if you have multiple web front-end servers you need to do the same for each of them), then edit it and find the DevExpress line and comment it out/remove it.The error should be gone.

Also check your GAC for this assembly.

Please let me know how it goes.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

That fixed the problem. Now the big question, what would cause this to happen?  With previous versions quest web parts I have not had as many issues with the web.config as I've had with this one.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I experienced the following error message after retracting the Quest web parts v5.7 (Build 2012.3.15) in my farm. 

Could not load file or assembly ‘DevExpress.Web.v9.3, Version=9.3.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b88d1754d700e49a’ or one of its dependencies.  The system cannot find the file specified.

Does anyone know what caused this to happen and what can be done to fix it?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I'm glad to hear that.

I'd recommend you to open the ULS log file using a LogViewer tool (this is the tool I use http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/ULSViewer) and search for any error/warning. You can narrow down the search if you remember the date and time you retracted our product.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.