Create different colors for different events in qcalendarview web part

Create different colors for different events in qcalendarview web part

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

In SharePoint 2010, I have a calendar with an Events content type, which a user chooses from 5 events (Leave, telework, training, visitors). I can’t seem to figure out the configuration of the qcalendarview web part so when a user creates an item with choosing an event from the Events column, I would like the item to show a different color when a user selects the different events. Any help would be apprecitated.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

You actually have to put in the column name that you are pulling the Choice list from in the Appearance Field Name in the Calendar Appearance tab. So I guess I answered my own question.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Here is a screenshot of what I am doing to help me get a response.

calendarscreen1.jpg

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Jeffrey,

The value that you're comparing to (Field Value Range text box) is a lookup field  (from what I got from the original post) and needs to be compared with a specific format: number;#Value

In your case open up the lookup list and check the ID's of your values (leave, telework,..) and change the condition to 1;#Leave using the appropriate number for each value.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

This column I am basing my value on is actually a Choice Field. I select General and Visitor on the choice field and I am getting the default neon green color. Here is the values I setup in the calendar view web part settings:

calendarscreen2.jpg

Here is the config screen screenshot:

configscreen.jpg

Is there supposed to be a value in the Appearance Field Name before the Color Appearence field on Calendar Appearance? I tried the lookup field option, too, and I still do not have any luck.

Message was edited by: Jeffrey Stanley

Message was edited by: Jeffrey Stanley

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.