Cross Site Lookup list

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Jeff,

Try to use the Display Format property of QWP (not sure what qwp web part you use) and build the display info that is most appropriate for your users.

If you still can't accomplish what you want please add more info so I know exctly what WP you use, what is teh context, SP version, QWP version.

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Quest v5.3 2010.07.16

SP 2007

I have qListForm webpart.  Below is the configuration of the cross site lookup.

Picture1.gif

When this is displayed on the screen, and I dropdown the 'Select the list' control, the names of the list are not very specific and the user would not know what list to select from.  Is there a way to define the format of the content of the 'Select the List' dropdown?

Picture3.gif

Once I select a list, I am able to see the correct information in the 'Select the value from the list dropdown.

Picture2.gif

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Jeff,

I understand your configurations but we do not support customizing the format of the content of the "Select the List" dropdown. Perhaps you could try to provide unique names for the lookup lists across multiple sites, as I cannot think of another way to do this besides checking the value list to verify your selection.

Thanks,

Yuan

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have implemented a cross site lookup that points to multiple lists in different sites.  The functionality works great and displays the correct information in the lookup.  The issue I have is with the top dropdown that lets the user select what list to pull data from.  In the picture attached, the three lists are all named the same thing and the dropdown does not provide detail to select between them.  Is there a way to alter what is displayed in this dropdown?

Picture1.gif

Thanks

Jeff

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

This is a valid setup and poses a real problem for users working with cross-site lookup. We will take action to address this issue in a future release. An enhancement request has been submitted with ID #174669 for your reference.

Thanks,

Yuan

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.