• Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello I’m reading through the documentation for custom actions:

n

http://documents.software.dell.com/DOC48406

n

Under the section “When you add an action you can configure the follow:” there is a section near the bottom for HTTP Parameters.  When the documentation starts discussing the SourceName it starts to become unclear to me as if its one long sentence:

n

SourceName — This attribute defines the field name where the value comes from when the source is set to Session or Input. This attribute defines the HTTP parameter name where the value comes from when the source is set to HTTPRequest. For information on how this field is used when the source is set to ResultFromAction, see When you add an action, you can configure the following:. The SourceName attribute uses ActionName.SourceName.Name notation to access the ActionResult value. Because this parameter value is used to construct a URL query string, a simple object is expected. Currently, the SourceName can be “RawData” and “OutParameter” which access the RawData part or OutputParameter part of ActionResult. RawData does not need the Name attribute but OutParameter does, which is equal to OutputParameter name.

n

I’m specifically looking for a way to pass the ID of a newly created item through the a Custom Action button to a new page which then runs some scripts and closes itself and the new item page.

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.