Custom Action – "Start Workflow" is not triggering

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Vishnu,

Just starting the workflow won't populate the "Logged in User" field because the custom action doesn't work this way.

It would work if your workflow would get the user name, save it in a list and qListForm set to edit/display that list item.

But here is the approach I'd take, write a custom action based on the Visual Studio solution that we distribute with the product (see the QWP installation folder Sample Code directory) add your code to get the current logged user and use form initialization action to call this custom action and display that value.

Please check our documentation for more details about this topic. Also I responded to some questions regarding this in this forum.

Please let me know how it goes.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello ,

I have created simple re-usable workflow (on Content type) to get the Current Logged in User. Please see below screenshot for the workflow.

only on Manual Start – workflow needs to be triggered (not on Item creation or Modification).

1.jpg

I have attached this workflow to list. I configured qList Form (New Form) and created a custom action and attached workflow to that.Please see below screenshots

for that configuration

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

so when i click on this custom button,  it’s just refreshing page and not trigerring workflow.

5.jpg

I hope this is clear ,  Please let me know if you want to export this new qListForm template.

Thanks,

Vishnu.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

ohh, got it. then I will work in that way.

Thanks for quick response.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.