customize Date & Time format

customize Date & Time format

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Which Web Part are we talking about? If it is just a qListView/qSIListView rendering the date/time field, you can achieve date/time formating using client side JavaScript. If it is qListForm/qSIListForm, you can use DisplayFormat field to change the date/time string to the proper format.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi all

i know that SP date & time format is: MM-DD-YYYY(depending the regional location you have). i have a list that has a column that should be of type date, but the problem i have is that the list should have a format YYYY-MM or MM-YYYY type and as i see, the date type requires of DD wich i don’t need.

i have a calculated column of type date that depends from a column called Year-Month (YYYY-MM, type text) but my boss doesn’t like to use an extra column for this issue, its a shame because it works fine. he would like to have a date column with only YYYY-MM, but i don’t have a clue how to do it.

any suggestions??

thanks 

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

i finally created 2 columns one named Year and the other one named Month, also i created another column that concatenates Year and Month (Year,"-",Month) and i had a calculated column of type date from the column Year-Month.

thanks

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.